Gluten free bread can be delicious with this gluten free bread recipe.
If you are missing bread this gluten free bread is a must make. I have made this so many times over the last year. It is one of my favorite gluten free doughs to work with because it works great for bread and rolls.
Gluten free baking can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Gluten free can be easy and delicious.
Bread is one of the things that many people miss once they go gluten free. Bread is so versatile. It goes with so many meals. It is necessary for sandwiches and it is a comfort food for many people.
But you don’t have to give up bread with this homemade gluten free bread recipe.
Need more gluten free bread recipes? Try my gluten free bread without yeast.
Gluten Free Bread Recipe
Bread can be delicious again with this gluten free bread recipe.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- In the bowl of a mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding the xanthan gum last. Mix using the dough hook of an electric mixer.
- Mix for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. You do not knead this like regular bread dough, but it does need to be mixed well and I have found about 5 minutes is a good time.
- Spread dough into a greased loaf pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375 for 30 – 32 minutes.
This bread recipe was tested with Bob's Red Mill gluten free flours and ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply