Chocolate and dried cherries are combined in these delicious Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Gluten free cookies are one of my favorite things to make. I love to make them and I love to eat them.
I also love coming up with a gluten free cookie recipe that is so good that no one will know that it is gluten free.
Making A Regular Cookie Recipe Gluten Free
Sometimes it is very easy to make a gluten free. Other times it takes quite a bit of work.
Sometimes gluten free flour blends work fine and sometimes individual gluten free flours work better.
I have shared my thoughts on if you can use a gluten free flour blend in place of regular flour in a recipe.
For these gluten free cherry chocolate chip cookies I found that the individual flours work the best. Yes, you can use a blend, but the individual flours will give you the best result.
The gluten free flours will give you a cookie so good that no one will know that it is gluten free.
Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is adapted from a cherry double chip cookie recipe that I shared on Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. The original recipe is a Southern Living cookie recipe that I adapted to be gluten free.
The result is a delicious gluten free cookie!
Need more gluten free cookie recipes?
Try the best gluten free chocolate chip cookie that I have made. This is my all time favorite basic gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Or try my gluten free double chocolate cookies which are a version of my favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookie, but with extra chocolate added.
Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie
Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip cookies are a delicious gluten free cookie full of dried cherries and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave 1 tablespoon water and dried cherries in a bowl for 15 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 15 seconds more. Let stand 10 minutes. This helps soften the cherries.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture.
- Stir in chips, cherries, and nuts if using.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bakie for 9-12 minutes. Or until the desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply