Chocolate and pumpkin are combined in these easy to make delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars.
Do you need a fall or holiday treat that is so good no one will know that it is gluten free? I have been making these gluten free pumpkin bars for years. I have taken them to church dinners, potlucks, family gatherings, and more.
They are a gluten free treat that everyone can enjoy!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars
I would describe these pumpkin bars as part cookie bar and part cake. They are lighter and fluffier than a cookie bar, but not as light and fluffy as a cake.
You can frost these, but since they have chocolate chips in them they don’t need frosting.
These gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin bars also freeze well. If you don’t need a full pan of them, freeze the extras for easy gluten free treats this fall.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- canned pumpkin puree ( not pie filling )
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
More Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free flour blend or King Arthur's Measure for Measure gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree ( not pie filling )
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl mix together gluten free flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add pumpkin. The mixture may appear curdled, but it is fine.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I have used individual gluten free flours many times in this recipe. If you would like to use them in place of the flour blend use:
- 1 ¼ cups rice flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.