A classic soft chocolate sugar cookie is made deliciously gluten free with these Gluten Free Chocolate Sugar Cookies.
I love sugar cookies. I love cut out sugar cookies, but I also love soft sugar cookies.
Today I am taking a classic soft sugar cookie and am adding chocolate to it. These cookies remind me of a snickerdoodle without the cinnamon and with chocolate added.
I have a stack of gluten free recipes that I need to share with you. When I made these cookies last week though I knew that they had to move to the top of the list.
Soft Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
These Chocolate Gluten Free Sugar Cookies are soft. If you are looking for a roll out sugar cookie than this might not be the recipe for you, but if you are looking for a soft sugar cookie this is a delicious cookie to make.
This recipe is a combination of several recipes. In order to get the best results when you adapt to gluten free you often have to change the recipe up. Sometimes you only have to make minor changes and sometimes you have to make major changes.
I took tips from multiple recipes that I thought would make a great gluten free version and turned them into delicious soft chocolate sugar cookies.
For this recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend. Other blends may work, but I only tested it with Bob’s 1 to 1 Blend.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend – other blends may work, but I only tested it with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 blend
- unsweetened baking cocoa
- baking soda
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and let cool. You do not want the butter to be hot.
- In a bowl combine gluten free flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir brown sugar and vanilla into butter. After it is mixed well stir in eggs.
- Stir in flour/cocoa mixture just until combined.
- Drop cookies onto cookie sheet using about 2 tablespoons of dough. ( You can roll these in sugar or sprinkle them with sugar you can, but I don't usually. We like them fine not rolled in sugar. )
- Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack to finish cooking.
You could easily frost these cookies to make them extra special.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.