If you need an easy gluten free soup for dinner this week Gluten Free Egg Roll Soup is the perfect meal.
You might be thinking egg roll soup? Wouldn’t that be just a bowl of cabbage or cabbage soup? This Gluten Free Egg Roll Soup though is so much more than your basic cabbage soup.
I am not a huge fan of cabbage in recipes, but this egg roll soup is a cabbage soup that I love. The flavors really are like an egg roll, but in soup form.
This is also a gluten free soup that uses basic ingredients. There is nothing fancy in this recipe. The only special ingredient that you need to have on hand is gluten free soy sauce and I think that is a fairly staple ingredient in most gluten free kitchens.
- ground pork, turkey, or beef – Ground pork is our favorite but ground beef, ground turkey, and even ground venison work well too.
- gluten free chicken broth – Most canned chicken broth is gluten free but alwasy read labels to make sure that it is gluten free.
- coleslaw mix
- gluten free soy sauce
- rice vinegar or rice wine vinegar – Most rice vinegar and rice wine vinegar are gluten free, but always read labels to be sure that they are gluten free. Other vinegars will work, but rice or rice wine vinegar really work best.
If you love gluten free egg roll soup try gluten free egg roll in a bowl.
More Gluten Free Soup Recipes
- 1 pound lean ground pork ( ground turkey, or beef work too )
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger ( Fresh is better, but you can use about 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger if needed. )
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans gluten free chicken broth
- 8 ounces cole slaw mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten free rice vinegar or gluten free rice wine vinegar
- optional - noodles, rice, etc see note below
- In a large pan cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cole slaw mix and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- If desired serve with extra soy sauce, hot sauce, etc.
Gluten free rice noodles, gluten free brown rice ramen noodles, and rice can be added to change up the soup and make it serve more people.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 991mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.