Need a quick and easy gluten free dinner for this week? Gluten Fried Rice is a simple gluten free dinner and a great way to use up leftovers.
Fried rice is a simple one dish gluten free dinner that uses basic ingredients.
Oftentimes gluten free cooking can be expensive and complicated. But it doesn’t have to be. Gluten free can be easy and delicious.
Recipes like this are a great way to serve your family gluten free food that no one will realize is gluten free.
How do I make fried rice gluten free?
It is easy to make gluten free! All you really need to do to make fried rice gluten free is to use gluten free soy sauce and make sure that your other ingredients are gluten free.
You take leftover rice, cooked meat, and vegetables. Add some eggs, gluten free soy sauce, and a few other things you you have a simple gluten free dinner!
What ingredients do I need to make gluten free fried rice?
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, steak, or pork, cut into pieces
- 2 carrots shredded or chopped, optional but good
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice (You want the rice cold, so use leftover rice or make it ahead and keep it in the fridge.)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce with the eggs and beat well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add egg to pan. Swirl and scrape egg to cook, basically you are scrambling this, but do not over cook it. You want this to error on the side of not done because you will be adding this back to the pan later on.
- Remove egg from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, carrots, peas, and rice to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and rice is starting to brown.
- Add the egg back to the pan along with the remaining soy sauce and the rice vinegar and steak. Let cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add more soy sauce to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can add whatever chopped vegetables or ingredients that you like or have on hand. Peppers, onions, mushor mushrooms are all great. For a meatless version just skip the meat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 22g