Gluten Free Peanut Butter Muffins are an easy and delicious gluten free breakfast, snack, or dessert!
We love making gluten free muffins and usually make a batch once a week. Muffins make a great breakfast, lunch, or snack on the go. On the go meals or snacks are a must if you have kids, teens, or college kids at home.
You can buy gluten free muffins and gluten free muffin mixes, but they are so easy to make homemade. You can control the ingredients and you can make them just the way you want to.
These peanut butter muffins are a favorite at our house. They are a little bit more filling than a normal muffin, so they work great for a quick breakfast.
Because these muffins have peanut butter in them they are not a super light and fluffy bakery style muffin. They are a little bit denser than some muffins, but they are delicious.
Can peanut butter muffins be made without peanut butter or with a peanut butter alternative?
Yes, these muffins can be made peanut butter free. My daughter has a peanut allergy, so I actually don’t make these with peanut butter anymore. I usually use Wowbutter, but other peanut butter alternatives should work as well.
When you have a nut or peanut allergy filling on the go snacks can be challenging so we love having this option.
Can you freeze gluten free muffins?
Yes, gluten free muffins freeze great. In general muffins freeze well. I freeze them all the time. I don’t think that I have ever had a muffin that didn’t freeze well.
We almost always have muffins in the freezer because my kids love them for a quick breakfast.
- 1 3/4 Gluten Free Flour Blend, I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cups gluten free chocolate chips or gluten free mini chocolate chips, optional but good
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with liners or grease well. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine gluten free flour blend, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together egg, milk, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Stir gluten free flour mixture into peanut butter mixtures just until mixture is well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g