If you are looking for a gluten free snickerdoodle recipe look no more. This snickerdoodle recipe is the best gluten free version that I have tried.
My husband loves snickerdoodle cookies. I have made a lot of them, both regular and gluten free, over the years. This recipe is his favorite version.
They are so good that both gluten-free eaters and regular eaters enjoy them.
These gluten-free snickerdoodles are based on a recipe that my sisters and I have been making for close to twenty years.
They are the perfect combination of firm edges with a soft chewy center.
I have tried this snickerdoodle recipe with individual gluten-free flours and different blends.
These cookies really are best made with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend. It makes a difference what blend you use in a recipe.
- shortening – It makes a big difference in these cookies. It really is what makes them the best snickerdoodles.
- white sugar
- vanilla extract
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend
- cream of tarter
- baking soda
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Recipe
These gluten free snickerdoodles are the best gluten free snickerdoodles that we have had. They have been a family favorite for years.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough, about 1 tablespoon, and roll into a ball.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet spacing about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden, but the center is still soft.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 or so minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Other gluten free flour blends will work, but Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend really will give you the best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply