You will not miss the flour in these easy to make Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
These cookies are so good that no one will know that they are gluten free.
Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
I have been making these flourless oatmeal cookies for quite a few years. I tried several recipes that I found online but none of them were quite right. I changed things up and experimented until I got them just right.
One of the things that I changed was that I prefer gluten free quick oats instead of old fashioned gluten free oats. I just like the texture of quick cooking oats better in most cookies. Gluten free quick oats can be harder to find, but I think they are worth it.
I also find that refrigerating the dough for several hours makes a big difference in the final cookie texture. Not all flourless oatmeal cookies call for you to do that, but I find the texture so much better when I refrigerate the batter for several hours.
Gluten Free Oats
If you are gluten free be sure to use gluten free oats. I usually use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oats or Trader Joes gluten free oats. Trader Joes gluten free oats are not quick oats though so I don’t use them in this recipe.
Not everyone that is gluten free can or should eat oats. Do your research and do what is best for your family.
I like to use chocolate chips in these flourless oatmeal cookies, which is why I titled them flourless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but you can easily use raisins or other dried fruit.
Does it make a difference if I stir cookie dough by hand?
The instructions for this recipe are for stirring the cookie dough by hand instead of with a mixer and it really does make a difference.
Always follow the directions when mixing cookies. If it says to use a mixer use a mixer. If it says to stir the cookies by hand stir them with a regular bowl and wooded spoon. It really does make a difference if you stir cookies by hand.
- gluten free quick cooking oats
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten free chocolate chips
Need more flourless cookie recipes?
- Flourlesss Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Flourless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are so good you will not know that they are gluten free.
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 3 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free chocolate chips
- In a bowl stir together sugar, brown sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Do not use a mixer, these are better mixed by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in gluten free oats until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 - 3 hours. Do not skip this step. The dough will spread while baking if you do not refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form dough into balls using about 2 tablespoons of dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes or until cookies are set and easy to remove.
- Finish cooling on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply