If you miss the famous box of rice mix since going gluten free this Gluten Free Cheese Rice A Roni is a must make!
I have never bought a lot of boxed mixes and prepackaged food, but once I went gluten free I bought even less of them.
So many of the boxed mixes and prepackaged foods are not gluten free. Over the years I have tried to recreate many of those foods at home.
Homemade gluten free copycat versions allow us to eat our favorite foods. When you make it at home you can control the ingredients.
Today I am sharing Gluten Free Cheese Rice A Roni, but if you love and miss Rice A Roni be sure to also try my Gluten Free Rice A Roni.
Gluten free Rice A Roni, including Gluten Free Cheese Rice A Roni, is the perfect side dish to so many things. It goes well with chicken, pork, steak, fish, and more!
- gluten free spaghetti – the best gluten free pastas
- long grain white rice
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- gluten free chicken broth
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Italian shredded cheese
- shredded colby jack cheese
- 4 ounces uncooked gluten free spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2- 14.5 ounce cans gluten free chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet or saucepan.
- Add rice and pasta.
- Stir until rice has turned opaque and pasta has browned slightly. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion powder and garlic powder and stir to coat rice and pasta.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil and stir well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes or until rice and pasta are tender.
- Stir in cheese until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.