Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a classic recipe made gluten free.
Some recipes just work better gluten free than others. Citrus recipes are an example of that. Citrus juices, like lemon, lime, and orange, help give gluten free recipes great taste and texture.
Apples, applesauce, and zucchini are other examples. The moisture in apples and zucchini pair well with gluten free baking. They help give baked goods a great taste and texture.
Today we are focusing on zucchini and one of my favorite zucchini recipes. The recipe is for chocolate zucchini bread!
This gluten free chocolate zucchini bread really is so good that no one will know it is gluten free.
Can I use a gluten free flour blend in place of the individual gluten free flour?
This recipe uses individual gluten free flours. Many people ask if they can use a gluten free flour blend in place of the individual flours in recipes like this. The answer is that it depends on what kind of results you want.
You can use a blend in this recipe, but the texture will be different. I have tried many different recipes for this and the best results, both taste and texture wise, were when I used the individual flours instead of a blend.
Can I freeze chocolate zucchini bread?
Yes, you can freeze zucchini bread. Quick breads freeze really well. You can freeze the whole loaf or you can slice and freeze individual pieces for easy breakfast, lunches, or snacks.
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g