Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Muffins have all the flavors of a cinnamon roll in a gluten free muffin.
One of the things that I miss the most since going gluten free are cinnamon rolls. The soft and delicious bakery style, covered in frosting, kind of cinnamon rolls.
I can make a good gluten free cinnamon roll. I have a gluten free cinnamon roll recipe that I love. But it isn’t the same as the gluten filled version. Without the gluten you can’t get quite the same texture.
One of the ways that I have learned to get my cinnamon roll fix is with these gluten free muffins.
These muffins don’t have the texture of a cinnamon roll, but they have all the flavor. They are also super easy to make. In thirty minutes or less you can have a delicious gluten free muffin.
They also have frosting! Frosting makes everything better.
Can I freeze gluten free muffins?
Yes, gluten free muffins freeze great. I love to make a double batch of muffins and freeze them. They make great easy breakfasts, lunch, snacks, and even desserts.
What is in gluten free cinnamon roll muffins?
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
Can I use a different gluten free blend than the recipe calls for?
That question is complicated. Sometimes a different gluten free blend will work. Other times it will now.
If you use a different blend than the recipe calls for your results may vary. It may turn out great or it may not.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice added)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tin or grease well.
- In a bowl combine gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, egg, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- In small bowl combine topping mixture until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Fold half of mixture into muffin batter. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping mixture on muffins, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool.
- While muffins are cooling mix together frosting ingredients.
- Drizzle frosting over cooled muffins.
I have only made these muffins with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend. Other gluten free blends may work, but I have not tried them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g