Eating a gluten free and dairy free breakfast can be easy and delicious with this gluten free dairy free waffle recipe.
My daughter eats gluten free dairy free. Over the last few years, I have worked on creating gluten free dairy free that are so good the whole family can enjoy them.
Often with dairy free foods, I have to cook something completely different, but these waffles are so good that my son and husband who do not eat gluten free or dairy free love them too.
You do have to make these an hour or so in advance so plan ahead. The batter can also be made the night before and made into waffles in the morning.
Or for a delicious breakfast for dinner, you can make the batter in the morning and cook them at dinner time.
Waffles without Milk
The secret to these gluten free dairy free waffles is the water. Yes, in these waffles you can use water for the liquid in place of the milk. I know that it sounds odd, but it really does work.
And not only does it make them dairy free, it save you money skipping the milk.
- maple syrup
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend or King Arthur’s Gluten Free Flour Blend
- baking powder
Need More Gluten Free Dairy Free Recipes?
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Main Dish Recipes – This is a whole list of our favorite gluten free dairy free dinner recipes.
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Pancakes – A family favorite for years.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Waffles
A gluten free dairy free breakfast can be easy and delicious with these gluten free dairy free waffles.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend or King Arthurs Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients, except baking powder.
- Be sure it is a bowl large enough for the batter to rise. Whisk just until well combined. It is okay if it is not perfectly smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Cook according to directions on waffle iron.
- Serve with syrup and other desired toppings.
Other gluten free blends may work in this recipe but the recipe has only been tested with the two blends mentioned above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply