Gluten Free Strawberry Pancakes are a delicious breakfast. They are perfect for summer or anytime of year!
We have been making Saturday morning pancakes at our house for years. My kids have always looked forward to Saturdays because it meant a big pancake breakfast.
It is one of our food traditions that I hope my kids always remember.
Pancakes were one of the first things that I worked to get just right gluten free. Over the years I have come up with so many different versions of gluten free pancakes.
Gluten Free Strawberry Pancakes are one of our favorites during spring and summer when fresh strawberries are readily available.
I usually make these with strawberries, but they work with other berries as well.
Looking for more easy gluten free breakfast recipes? Try Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- In a bowl mix together rice flours, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, butter, and buttermilk.
- Whisk in the flour mixture and whisk just until combined. This batter will be a little lumpy.
- Stir in strawberries
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully scoop or ladle on to a hot griddle or skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on one side. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use all white rice flour or all brown rice flour in place instead of a combination of both.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g