Instant Pot Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese makes gluten free mac and cheese easy!
Skip the box of gluten free mac and cheese and make it homemade! Homemade mac and cheese is easy to make and so much better than the box kind from the store.
This recipe only uses five ingredients. They are all ingredients that you probably have on hand.
My secret for the best Gluten Free Instant Pot macaroni and cheese is an ingredient that most recipes don’t have, but I think adds a ton of flavor.
I use it in my rice cooker mac and cheese and it also works well in this recipe.
Mac and cheese is a great lunch or dinner. It works as a side dish or a main dish. Kids also love it.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can make gluten free macaroni and cheese on the stove top. The recipe is slightly different than this one, but it is still a great recipe.
What do I need to make Instant Pot Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese?
- gluten free macaroni or similar pasta
- chicken broth
What brand of gluten free pasta is the best to use?
I like to use a corn rice blend of gluten free pasta for most things. In this recipe a corn rice blend seems to hold up the best both in texture and flavor.
A few years ago I shared the best gluten free pastas. The comments on that post are also helpful because readers shared theirs as well.
Need more gluten free side dish recipes? Try one of my favorites.
- 1 can (14 ounce) gluten free chicken broth
- 2 cups gluten free macaroni
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I like a cheddar/jack blend)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place macaroni and broth in the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on. Lock in place and set to sealing.
- Cook for 5 minutes using the manual setting.
- Quick release the steam.
- Stir in the milk, cheese, and butter.
- Stir until combined and the cheese and butter are melted. I like to place the lid back on for a couple of minutes to help the cheese melt and the pasta thicken slightly, but you don't have to do this.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g