Gluten Free Applesauce Muffins are a classic recipe made gluten free. They are so good that you will never know that they are not the original version.
I love old-fashioned recipes. The kind of recipes that we grew up eating and that our grandmothers used to make.
The problem with many old fashioned recipes, especially baked goods, is that they are not gluten free. Some can easily be adapted to gluten free, but others take quite a bit of work.
This applesauce muffin recipe though works great gluten-free! It is based on a Martha Stewart Applesauce Muffin recipe. I took the original recipe and tested it in different ways to come up with the best gluten-free version.
The applesauce in these muffins adds a lot of flavor. It also keeps them moist, which helps the texture. The flavor and texture of these gluten free applesauce muffins is so good that you won’t miss the original version.
Can I use a different gluten free flour blend in muffins?
Sometimes a different gluten free flour blend works fine and sometimes it doesn’t. For the best results it is always best to use the gluten free blend that they recipe says to use.
When a recipe calls for a specific flour blend it means that the recipe has been tested using that blend. Another blend may work fine, but it also may give you totally different results.
More Gluten-Free Applesauce Recipes
Gluten Free Applesauce Muffins
Gluten free applesauce muffins are a classic muffin made gluten free.
- 2 cups King Arthur's Gluten Free Flour Blend or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners or grease well.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Cream on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add in applesauce mixing at low speed.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Divide batter between 18 muffin cups filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Other gluten free flour blends may work in this recipe, but they have not been tested.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Leave a Reply