Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes are a delicious breakfast for the fall and holidays!
If you need an easy gluten free breakfast for the fall and holidays these pumpkin pancakes are a must make.
These pumpkin pancakes are so good that you will no know that they are gluten free. Pumpkin pairs well with gluten free flours. It helps both in the taste and the texture.
When I originally came up with this recipe I was to try to come up with a copycat version of IHOP’s Pumpkin Pancakes. The final results were a pumpkin pancake as good, if not better, than the real thing.
Can I freeze pancakes?
Yes, pancakes freeze well. I love to keep them in the freezer for easy gluten free breakfasts.
Make them as directed. Let them cool. Freeze. Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven. My son often reheats his in the toaster.
Can I make pancakes dairy free?
I have not tried these gluten free pumpkin pancakes dairy free. I have made other pancakes dairy free, but not pumpkin pancakes. It might work, but I have not tested it.
Need more gluten free pancake recipes? Try one of our favorites.
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin ( puree, not pie filling)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups brown or white rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixed together well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto hot griddle. Cook for 2 minutes or so and flip. Cook another 2 minutes or until pancakes are done.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 568mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 10g