Save time and money with these easy Gluten Free Freezer Meals!
Freezer meals have made my life in the kitchen easier since long before I went gluten free.
Making meals ahead helps make dinner easy on busy days. Instead of spending a lot of time in the kitchen can just defrost a meal that you have made ahead in the freezer.
Not only will gluten free freezer cooking save you time, but it will also save you money. When you have meals ready to go in the freezer you can skip eating out or eating expensive prepackaged gluten free food.
I have heard people say that they do not have time for freezer cooking, but freezer cooking doesn’t have to take a ton of time. Instead of spending hours in the kitchen, you can often double or triple a recipe. Eat it for one meal and freeze the rest.
Tips for Gluten Free Freezer Cooking
- Always, always, always read labels. No matter the recipe or ingredients, when you are gluten free you have to read labels to be sure the ingredients are safe for your family. You want to be sure to use gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce, gluten free broth, etc. The best thing you can do to ensure the ingredients are gluten free is to always read labels. Brands often change ingredients and processing, so I really is important to read labels even on brands that you have used before.
- Make sure your food is always cold before freezing it. If your food is warm or even room temperature when you put it in the freezer, it is more likely to get freezer burn. Try to always put it in the fridge for a few hours before putting it in the freezer.
- Not all the recipes on the list contain exact directions for freezing, but they are all foods and recipes that freeze well.
- Items like muffins, cookies, taco meat, and even some things like pasta sauce can be frozen in zip top bags so that they take up less room in the freezer.
- Always label your freezer meals with the name and date. This way you will know exactly what it is and what needs to be used up.
- Many casseroles, shredded meats, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, and breads can be frozen. This list contains my favorites. I hope by seeing the type of recipes I freeze, it will inspire you to turn some of your favorite gluten free foods into freezer meals.
- You don’t usually need special directions for freezing, you just need to learn what types of food freeze well and what food your family likes as freezer meals.
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Oatmeal– Always use gluten free oats
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Breakfast Chili
- Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Egg, Ham, and Spinach Bake– Bake and freeze.
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Muffins
- Egg and Potato Breakfast Muffins
- Gluten Free Pancake Muffins
- Eggs and Sausage
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Banana Pancake Muffins
- Gluten Free Blueberry Pancake Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Scones
- Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Maple Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- Raspberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies– Use gluten free oats
- Scrambled Eggs with Sausage and Peppers
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Beef Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Burritos-Make a big batch of the filling and freeze it for using with gf tortillas, corn tortilla, chips, etc. Make sure your chili beans are gluten free. Most are gf, but not all are.
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms
- Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes– Freezer filling, defrost, and serve over gf buns or bread
- Chili Relleno Casserole-Freeze after baking
- Gluten Free Meatballs
- Gluten Free Meatloaf
- Freezer Burrito Casserole
- Mexican Beef and Beans Casserole– This freezes great in a 9×13 pan, a smaller pan, or in a container that you can freeze, defrost, and put in a pan to bake.
- Not Soggy Nachos– Make and freeze to serve with chips.
- Simple Pasta Sauce– This is easy to double or triple and keep in the freezer. Serve over gluten free pasta. My current favorite gluten free pasta and the best gluten free pastas.
- Sloppy Joes– Freeze filling and serve over gf buns or gf bread.
- Southwest Casserole
- Spaghetti Pie
- Gluten Free Steak Fried Rice
- Taco Meat for using in tacos, burritos, taco salad, nachos, over baked potatoes, and more. Use gluten free or homemade taco seasoning.
- Taco Meatloaf– Freeze before or after cooking
- Taco Pasta– Use gf pasta and be sure your taco seasoning is gf.
- Taco Soup
- Taco Soup without Beans
- Three Cheese Beef Enchiladas– Use corn or gf tortillas and be sure your enchilada sauce is gf.
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Sloppy Joes– Serve over gf bread, gf buns, or baked potatoes
- Dijon Basil Chicken
- Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken– Be sure your bbq sauce is gluten free and serve over gf buns, gf bread, or baked potatoes.
- Ranchero Chicken– Cook and freeze. Serve as directed.
- Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- 5 Ways to Cook and Shred Chicken for the Freezer
- Teriyaki Chicken– Can freeze in the marinade, defrost, and cook.
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Soup Recipes
- Bacon Tomato Soup
- Beef Enchilada Soup -Be sure your enchilada sauce is gluten free
- Cheesy Vegetable Soup– Use gluten free broth.
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Chili without Beans
- Creamy Chicken Chili -Be sure that your broth and chili beans are gluten free.
- Refried Bean Soup-Use gluten free broth.
- Roasted Veggie Soup
- Slow Cooked Baked Potato Soup
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Pork Recipes
- Breakfast Fajitas
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork– Use gf bbq sauce and serve over gf buns, gf bread, or baked potatoes.
- Mexican Pulled Pork– Cook the pork, shred, and freeze. Defrost and serve as directed.
- Pork Taquitos
- Sausage Ragu
- Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
Freezer Friendly Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten Free Applesauce Bread
- The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Gluten Free Little Debbie Brownies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- Gluten Free Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Misc. Gluten Free Freezer Friendly Recipes
- Gluten Free Angel Biscuits
- Gluten Free Drop Biscuits
- Gluten Free Cornbread Cookies
- Gluten Free Bread without Yeast
- Gluten Free Rolls without Yeast
- Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Biscuit Balls
- Gluten Free Dinner Rolls
- Homemade Refried Beans
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Gluten Free Bread Recipe